Alhambra Valley, Reliez Valley, and Briones Community Meeting
Monday, April 29th, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Thank you to the four attendees at this Monday evening meeting, who came with a variety of interests and roles in Contra Costa County, including a Briones resident, a San Pablo resident, an interested staff member from the County’s Health Services Department, and a representative from Assemblymember Timothy Grayson’s office. Their diverse perspectives drew attention to a variety of challenges in the region. The following themes were examined in the group discussion:
- Appreciation for the area’s mix of urban and rural land
- Support for the area’s diverse agricultural uses
- Support for a multi-generational community with accessible services for all
- Appreciation for reopening Fire Station #19 and desire for fire services offering protection from wildfires
- Road infrastructure issues, including collapsed roadways
- Need for reliable broadened telecommunication services and providers
- Homelessness assistance with affordable housing and services
Stay tuned through the website to keep up to date with more events to come!
View the presentation here.