Pacheco Community Meeting #3
December 5th, 6:30-8:30 PM
Thank you to those who attended the third Pacheco community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! There were four participants who attended to share their feedback on countywide challenges and learn more about the future of Pacheco.
The purpose of the meeting was to review the draft community profile for Pacheco. The profile provides context about the community, an overview of planned land uses, and guiding principles, policies, and actions to guide growth and development over the next twenty years. However, none of the meeting attendees reside in Pacheco. One attendee was a representative from the City of Martinez, and the remaining three represented the East County Community Leaders Network. Because they don’t live in Pacheco, they elected to provide input on countywide issues, rather than specific input on the profile. We will use this input to develop countywide policies for the General Plan. The following are some of the major themes that emerged from the small group discussion:
- Enhance public transit connections from eastern Contra Costa County to Pacheco and the greater central region of the county with more direct, fast routes.
- Improve street lighting to discourage crime and increase safety.
- Provide comprehensive homelessness services to address mental health issues.
- Address safety issues, both crime and traffic concerns, associated with homeless encampments.
- Provide adequate elder care services to support seniors in aging gracefully in place.
- Improve stormwater infrastructure and maintenance in Vine Hill to prevent flooding.
- Initiate a dialogue between the County and the City of Martinez regarding the annexation of the Mountain View neighborhood (and potentially Vine Hill) by Martinez.
Link to Draft Community Profile for Pacheco