Kensington and East Richmond Heights Community Meeting #2
October 23rd, 6:30-8:30 PM
Thank you to all who attended the second Kensington/East Richmond Heights community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! We had an informative group of 16 community members that shared their feedback on the draft community profiles for both Kensington and East Richmond Heights. The profiles provide context about each community, an overview of planned land uses, and guiding principles, policies, and actions to guide growth and development over the next twenty years.
Participants shared helpful comments that we will use to refine the profiles to ensure they reflect what community members want for the future of Kensington and East Richmond Heights. Some of the major points we heard are described below:
- In the context sections, change the photos to be more recognizable, include more detail regarding access to medical care and emergency services, emphasize geographic and topographic conditions, and make stronger connections regarding extreme heat events in an aging community and between pedestrian safety and evacuation routes.
- Add guiding principles regarding robust community processes around new development.
- Clarify vague policy language.
- Consider including an action to strengthen view ordinances to address existing development.
- Engage the Community to determine future uses at Adams Middle School in East Richmond Heights