Rodeo Community Meeting #3
November 21st, 6:30-8:30 PM
We would like to thank all who attended the third Rodeo community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! There were eight participants that attended to share their feedback on the draft community profile for Rodeo.
The profile provides context about the community, an overview of planned land uses, and guiding principles, policies, and actions to guide growth and development over the next twenty years. Participants contributed valuable feedback that we will use in refining the profile to ensure it reflects what community members value and envision for the future of Rodeo. Some of the following themes emerged from the small group discussions:
- Protect community members from negative impacts of the refinery and other heavy industry.
- Ensure the preservation of Rodeo’s historic buildings and landmarks.
- Emphasize and strengthen the strong community culture in Rodeo by creating new gathering places and improving access to existing public spaces such as the community center and senior center.
- Maintain and strengthen cultural diversity and housing affordability in Rodeo.
- Increase public access to the waterfront.
- Promote local, independent businesses and strengthen their presence through countywide programs supporting small businesses.
Link to Draft Community Profile for Rodeo