Pacheco, Vine Hill, and Mountain View Community Meeting
May 8th, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Thank you to everyone who attended our meeting to talk about the future of Pacheco, Vine Hill, and Mountain View as part of Envision Contra Costa 2040! We received thoughtful and constructive input from 16 residents. People in these communities are proud of their history, value good schools and housing that is still affordable, and appreciate the roaming wildlife. Our groups shared ideas about what they would like to see in future plans for these communities, including the following comments:
- Support and enhance the friendly, neighborly feeling here.
- Respect the independent, self-sufficient nature of the unincorporated area that distinguishes it from the surrounding cities.
- Preserve and improve parks, open spaces, and connections to nature, such as along Grayson Creek.
- Improve public safety and beautify the community.
- Improve sidewalks and expand connections to the Contra Costa Canal Trail.
- Increase public transit options.
- Address stormwater drainage issues.
Thanks again to everyone for great input. Please check the calendar page as it is updated with more upcoming meetings!
The presentation from the meeting is here.