May 14th, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Thank you to everyone who attended our meeting to talk about the future of Bayview, Montalvin Manor, and Tara Hills as part of Envision Contra Costa 2040! With eight residents in attendance, as well as representatives from Supervisor John Gioia’s office and the Pinole City Council, the groups were able to engage in meaningful conversations about the local issues they face and goals for the future. Here are some of the ideas that came up repeatedly:
- Increase access to nature, pocket parks, and trail connections along the shoreline and Garrity Creek.
- Improve sidewalk connections and bicycle infrastructure along major thoroughfares, including San Pablo Avenue and Tara Hills Drive.
- Revitalize retail and commercial centers in the community.
- Improve emergency services and access to hospitals.
- Mitigate pollution from highway traffic.
- Address blight through increased code enforcement.
- Expand programming for youth activities at the community center.
- Preserve the sweeping views of San Pablo Bay.