Alamo and Castle Hill Community Meeting
May 21, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Thank you to all who attended the Alamo and Castle Hill community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! We had a small but informative group that shared their thoughts about assets and challenges for the Alamo and Castle Hill communities. Some of the main comments we heard included:
- Maintain the rural community character and natural setting.
- Provide more housing opportunities so young people can stay in the neighborhood after they grow up.
- Provide more opportunities for senior living, potentially at Alamo Plaza above existing stores.
- Streamline the accessory dwelling unit (ADU) development process.
- Set guidelines for massing and scale of future homes when approving new subdivisions.
- Retain Stone Valley Road and Danville Boulevard as two-lane roads and strongly discourage new traffic signals east of I-680.
- Address fire hazard and other safety concerns.
- Improve the Iron Horse Trail street crossings to make them safer for trail users.
- Improve bicycle lanes and trail connections throughout the area.
Thanks again to everyone who provided input. To engage online, visit the Online Engagement page and stay tuned for future County meetings!
The meeting presentation can be found here.