Alamo and Castle Hill Community Meeting
May 21, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Thank you to all who attended the Alamo and Castle Hill community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! We had a small but informative group that shared their thoughts about assets and challenges for the Alamo and Castle Hill communities. Some of the main comments we heard included:
- Maintain the rural community character and natural setting.
- Provide more housing opportunities so young people can stay in the neighborhood after they grow up.
- Provide more opportunities for senior living, potentially at Alamo Plaza above existing stores.
- Streamline the accessory dwelling unit (ADU) development process.
- Set guidelines for massing and scale of future homes when approving new subdivisions.
- Retain Stone Valley Road and Danville Boulevard as two-lane roads and strongly discourage new traffic signals east of I-680.
- Address fire hazard and other safety concerns.
- Improve the Iron Horse Trail street crossings to make them safer for trail users.
- Improve bicycle lanes and trail connections throughout the area.
Thanks again to everyone who provided input. To engage online, visit https://envisioncontracosta2040.org/online-engagement/ and stay tuned for future County meetings!
The meeting presentation can be found here.