Saranap and Parkmead Community Meeting
July 11, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Thank you to the community members who attended the Saranap/Parkmead community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! Approximately 25 people attended, expanding the conversations from the Saranap Avenue/Boulevard Way Planning Process to formulate a vision for the entire Saranap and Parkmead area. Some of the recurring comments we heard included:
- Preserve the family-friendly, semi-rural neighborhood character.
- Support local neighborhood-serving businesses.
- Maintain the green buffer along Las Trampas Creek.
- Designate a neighborhood park in a central location.
- Enhance accessibility with connected bike and walking paths.
- Implement traffic-calming measures to slow traffic and increase pedestrian safety.
- Provide safe routes to schools for children and families.
- Provide safe connections from Parkmead to Saranap and Walnut Creek, specifically along Olympic Boulevard.
- Encourage mixed-use development along major thoroughfares.
- Align the General Plan and Zoning Code land use designations.
The meeting presentation can be found here.