Vine Hill/Mountain View Virtual Community Meeting
May 17th, 6:00-8:00 PM
Thank you to those who attended the virtual Vine Hill and Mountain View community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! With a small but engaged group of community members in attendance over Zoom, participants shared a range of perspectives and opinions about the issues facing Vine Hill and Mountain View residents. Participants reviewed and shared their thoughts about the partial draft Community Profile for Vine Hill and Mountain View, which provides context about the community. Based on the input from this meeting, we’ll refine that context and prepare the guidance portion of the profile, which will present an overview of planned land uses plus guiding principles, policies, and actions to guide growth and development in Vine Hill and Mountain View over the next twenty years. The following ideas are highlights of what emerged from the discussion.
- Protect and restore open space areas and local wildlife.
- Improve roadway and sidewalk connections, maintenance, and drainage.
- Use traffic calming to prevent speeding and improve cyclist safety, especially on Pacheco Boulevard.
- Increase the frequency of curbside waste collection services and address illegal dumping.
- Address environmental justice issues, including air quality, due to the area’s proximity to the refinery.