Knightsen Community Meeting
June 5, 6:30–8:30 pm
Thank you to all who attended the Knightsen community meeting for Envision Contra Costa 2040! Almost 20 people attended, participating in a robust discussion about how to preserve the character of Knightsen while addressing some of the challenges facing the community. Some of the main comments we heard included:
- Preserve the rural, tight-knit, family-oriented, and agricultural character of Knightsen.
- Address concerns related to the cultivation and processing of cannabis.
- Improve quality of life by addressing issues like illegal dumping and noise from parties and shooting.
- Slow down traffic, provide safer pedestrian areas, and mitigate increased traffic from nearby development to improve safety.
- Protect well water quality, including from potential impacts of the East Bay Regional Park District wetland project.
- Improve the provision of services related to code enforcement and health and safety.
- Discourage additional agricultural tourism beyond what exists today.
- Leave 5-acre minimum zoning in place or increase to a 10-acre minimum; prevent further subdivision.
Thanks again to everyone who provided input. To engage online, visit https://envisioncontracosta2040.org/online-engagement/ and stay tuned for future County meetings!
The meeting presentation can be found here.